Well, friends, we are officially less than a week away from Prayer of the Handmaiden‘s BSB advance release date (3/1/15) and just three weeks away from the official everywhere-release date (3/17/15). I’ve been sick for the last couple weeks, and not very active on the blog, but still hard at work on these super cool giveaway packs for all my early-order readers, ’cause I love you guys THAT much. ;)
First, let’s talk about what you can win!! (I will update this weekend with better pics, but this is the best I could do after dark)
TWENTY-FIVE readers will receive mini prize packs:
- personalized, signed bookplate;
- signed PotH cover flat;
- Merry Shannon button (1″);
- PotH button (1″);
- PotH mini book charm – miniature book and crystal dangle on a clip. Attach to a purse, zipper pull, keychain, rearview mirror, or anything else you can think of!
NINE readers will receive prize packs:
- the bookplate, cover flat, Merry Shannon button, and mini book charm above, PLUS
- a collectible 6-button set featuring characters and quotes from PotH;
- Sword of the Guardian mini book charm;
- signed Sword of the Guardian cover flat;
- Branded Ann mini book charm;
- signed Branded Ann cover flat;
- black PotH canvas tote bag – title graphics on one side, book cover graphic on the other (just one per winner, but two are shown here so you can see both sides);
- PotH floating locket – chrome and glass locket with chain, containing a micro book charm, tiny horse and “FAITH” charms, three crystal hearts, and a blue crystal dangle
And ONE lucky reader will receive a grand prize pack:
- the bookplate, all three cover flats, and Merry Shannon button, PLUS
- the PotH 6-button set, all three mini book charms, and PotH floating locket, PLUS
- collectible 6-button set from Sword of the Guardian;
- collectible 6-button set from Branded Ann;
- PotH messenger bag – beige suede, cotton lining, zipper pocket flap, inner pocket, magnetic snaps, adjustable strap;
- PotH Kade and Erinda plushie set
- Entries accepted now through 4/17/15; winners will be drawn and announced on 4/18/15.
- All prizes will be mailed out on or before 4/30/15.
- Six ways to enter, maximum of six entries per person.
- Each person can only win one prize pack, so if a name is drawn more than once they will receive the highest-level pack they were drawn for.
- Open to US residents only – international readers may enter IF you’re willing to send me postage so I can mail your prize to you. I adore you guys but can’t afford the extra mailing cost <3
HOW TO ENTER
- One entry for emailing me a copy of your PotH receipt
- One entry for emailing or posting on my FB page a photo of you with your copy of the book (paperback or e-reader! NOTE: By sending one of these you’re giving me permission to repost your pic on my FB page or website.)
- One entry for tweeting (or retweeting) about PotH on your Twitter account (@merryshannon so I can find it)
- One entry for a public Facebook share or post about PotH (tag my Merry Shannon page, if you can, so I can find it)
- One entry for leaving an honest review of the new book on Amazon.com
- One entry for leaving an honest review of the new book on Goodreads
I will need your name (please give me the one you would like me to put on your bookplate), email address and mailing address for each entry. SO, I recommend that you do however many of the above items you want, and send me one email with your name/email/address, receipt/photo attachments, and links to your twitter/FB/Amazon/Goodreads all at the same time. That way I can make sure you get the right number of entries before the drawing. Multiple emails are OK, but might increase the risk that one of your entries gets missed – just sayin’. :P
OTHER STUFF YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW
- This stuff is handmade by yours truly. I have cats and a dog, so if allergies are a concern keep that in mind. Also, I make no guarantees as to the safety/durability/childproofness/etc. of any of these items – they are for FUN.
- This giveaway is entirely my doing, so please direct any questions/concerns/offers of bribery/hate mail to me and not BSB, Amazon, or any other entity.
- The actual content of any tweet / FB posting is up to you, as long as it gets the word about PotH out there in the world. That being said, links to my website, this giveaway, BSB’s order page, and/or a book review are appreciated as the purpose is for you guys to help me spark interest in the new book. :)
- Reviews should be honest, please, and as long or as short as you want. Of course, I’m hoping you’ll love it (and if you hate it, I doubt you’d even want any of these prizes, LOL) but it won’t affect your odds in the contest if you talk about things that didn’t work for you. The whole idea is to help other readers who will like the book to find it.
- Yes, you can crosspost the same review on both sites and get two entries (or crosspost the same content on both Twitter and Facebook and get two entries.)
Feel free to tell me what you think of the prizes or ask any questions in the comments below. Good luck guys! And as always, thanks so much for supporting my work <3